How Long will my new Eyelash Extensions Last?
When applied properly, eyelash extensions will last up to eight weeks. Everyone’s experience will differ based on day to day activities and the growth cycle of your lashes. On average, your lashes are completely grown out and replaced every six to eight weeks.
How Do I Care for my new Eyelash Extensions?
- Do not wash eyes, swim, or shower for 12 – 24 hours after lash extension application, to allow time for bonding.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler.
- Avoid oil-based makeup products, including mascara and eye-makeup remover. These will cause the glue bond to separate. Use only water-based mascara. Apply mascara from mid lash up to the tips, only.
- Use only water-based facial cleansers if possible.
- Use a q-tip when removing eye makeup
- Do not visit saunas or steam rooms frequently. Continued exposure to heat may cause the bond to loosen.
- Do not use water-resistant mascara
After the 12 to 24 hour curing period you can swim, shower, and exercise while wearing Lash Extensions.
How do I maintain my Lash Extensions?
As your natural lashes shed the density of your lash extensions will become thinner. Touch-Ups are required to maintain your desired density. Touch-ups will be required every three to four weeks depending on how dense your initial application was and how quickly your natural lashes shed. It is easier to predict how often you will need touch-ups following your initial application.
How do I prepare for my Lash Extension Touch-Up visit?
To make the most of your touch-up it is recommended that you arrive with your lashes clean and free of makeup and oil residue. The more time we must spend cleaning your lashes the less time we will have to apply fresh, new lashes.
What if I no longer wish to wear my Lash Extensions?
If you no longer wish to wear lash extension the lash extension removal process is fast and painless. We will remove your lash extensions using a gel lash extension remover. The remover will be applied and allowed to sit for 3 minutes. After being saturated with the gel lash extension remover the extensions will slide off leaving your natural lashes healthy and intact.