Waxing & Sugaring Near Me in Smyrna, GA
Are You Looking for Smooth, Hairless Skin? Glow Beauty Bar Provides Waxing & Sugaring Services to Best Fit Your Specific Needs! Call Us Today for More Information at (678) 257-3143 or Simply Book an Appointment Online.
Sugaring & Waxing Hair Removal
If you’ve never tried sugaring or waxing hair removal before perhaps it is time you did.
There are many benefits to sugaring and waxing:
- First, you can sugar and wax anything anywhere on your body.
- If you easily get hyperpigmentation you can alleviate any chance of scarring since there are no cuts or nicks involved as it is with razors.
- Shaving can cause rashes on sensitive skin – many of you know this as razor burn.
- Over time, sugaring and waxing makes the hair grow slower and finer.
- Sugaring and waxing produces smoother results because hair is pulled from the root; you return every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Sugaring and waxing is fast and convenient. It is also significantly less expensive than laser hair removal which does not always remove hair permanently.
- Skin is less susceptible to irritations associated with shaving.
Walk-ins are welcome but appointments are recommended.
FAQ Waxing & Sugaring Hair Removal
What is the difference between Waxing and Sugaring?
Both waxing and sugaring remove hair at its root which provides exceptional smooth, hairless skin for a longer period than shaving. But there are differences:
- Sugaring uses a 100% all natural preparation – there are no chemicals, fragrances, or colorants used in the mixture. The mixture contains water, sugar, and lemon juice. It is hypoallergenic and does not cause skin irritation. The sugar paste requires no muslin to remove much like hard waxes.
- Waxing are made from a variety of ingredients including resins and chemicals that may cause allergic reactions. This hair removal requires the use of muslin to remove the wax if using a soft wax.
- Sugaring paste is applied at body temperature whereas waxes require heat to maintain the proper temperature and consistency.
- Sugar cannot adhere to live skin cells. This means less discomfort for you & less trauma to your skin.
- Both sugaring and soft waxing remove dead skin cells – so as the hair is removed your skin is also getting exfoliated!
- With sugaring the paste wraps around the hair making it pliable. The hair is removed out of the follicle only in the natural direction of growth, which helps to extract the hair intact.
- To receive effective hair removal sugaring requires less than 1/8 inch of hair (or 5 – 7 days growth after shaving) for successful extraction. Wax products require that you grow the hair out at least 1/3 inch before your next waxing (or r 2 – 3 weeks growth after shaving).
What areas can I get sugared/waxed?
Many areas of the body may be waxed: eyebrows, forehead, lip area, cheeks, chin, back, chest, upper/lower leg, underarms, forearms, bikini line — even hair on the knuckles of fingers and toes.
What will happen during my appointment?
If this is your first waxing service, or first experience having a particular area of your body waxed or sugared, we will guide you through the process.We will review your intake form to discuss any contraindicators that may make it unsuitable for you to receive a waxing service.
Once in the treatment room, you will need to expose only the area of your body that is going to be waxed. Most often you will leave your underwear on so we recommend wearing older underwear if applicable to the area being waxed. Following are the steps:
- Sanitize and glove our hands
- Cleanse the area to be treated
- Discuss your desired shape if applicable
- Apply baby powder to reduce the amount of wax that adheres to the skin (if waxing)
- Use a clean spatula to apply the wax to your skin
- Depending on the wax used, we will remove the wix with paper strips, muslin strips, or the wax itself (not required with sugaring)
- Apply pressure to the freshly waxed or sugared area to calm and sooth the skin
- Clean any residual wax or sugar paste
- Apply soothing cream after as each waxed or sugared area is completed
- For the brow area, we will also brush and trim your brows
During all services, we use disposable sheets.
What makes sugaring/waxing unsuitable?
If you have any special or unusual skin condition or are taking prescription medications such as Retin-A®, Accutane®, antibiotics or any other medication which may cause excessive skin irritation waxing will be unsuitable for you.
How should I prepare?
- You will want to refrain from extended sun exposure 48 hours prior to waxing or sugaring.
- You should lightly exfoliate your skin several days before waxing or sugaring.
- On the day of your waxing or sugaring services, you will want to make sure you thoroughly cleanse the area being waxed and that the skin is moist but not greasy from oils or lotions. For an underarm waxing or sugaring, please wash off any deodorant or anti-perspirant prior to your service (because it stops the wax or sugar paste from adhering properly).
- Women should avoid waxing or sugaring during the three days prior to and during their periods – the skin is most sensitive during this time.
- Before you begin the treatment, there are a few things you should tell our therapists. If you:
– Are diabetic
– Bruise easily
– Have varicose veins
– Are sunburned
– Have thyroid condition
– Are menstruating
– If you are using products/medications that are contraindicated for waxing: Accutane, Retine-A, glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, TazoracAvage, Differin, Strivectin, Renova, Proactive, Avita, benzoyl peroxide & salicylic acid. These are only some of the products we are aware of that may cause a problem and new ones can come along daily. Your skin is important to you and us – so please check with your doctor if you have any doubts.
Does sugaring/waxing hurt?
It all depends: your first time receiving a body waxing or sugaring can be uncomfortable because after shaving for years, the hair grows extremely coarse. The more frequently you receive body waxing and sugaring the more the hair will begin to grow thinner. Removing hair directly from the follicle is never comfortable. If you are especially sensitive to pain or you are first-time waxing or sugaring client, you may want to take an anti-inflammatory (such as Ibuprofen) 1 hour before your appointment, or you can apply numbing cream 45 minutes prior to service. With continuous waxing, hair becomes finer and more sparse, and waxing becomes more comfortable.
Why would I get sugared/waxed instead of shaving?
When hair is shaved, within a few days, the hair can be seen at the surface of the skin and coarse stubble can be felt. Shaving commonly results in ingrown hairs, bumps and ongoing skin irritation. When waxed and sugared, hair grows back slower, softer and without stubble. When appropriate post-hair remoal home care is followed, waxing leaves virtually no ingrown hairs, bumps or ongoing skin irritation.
Could I be sugared/waxed during my menstrual cycle?
Waxing or sugaring during and right before your menstrual cycle is possible, but is not recommended because of comfort considerations. During your menstrual cycle, your body tends to be more sensitive due to the change of hormones, and this could cause the treatment to be more painful. We recommend you schedule an appointment after the end of your menstrual cycle.
How often should I sugar/wax?
This depends on the area and how fast your hair grows (which depends on the season, medication, hormonal changes, and medical conditions). On average, waxing or sugaring hair removal is recommended every four weeks is recommended for the body and three weeks for the face.
How should I take care of my skin after sugaring/waxing?
- Avoid tanning and extended sun exposure for 48 hours.
- Avoid hot showers or baths, sauna and steam room use immediately following the service.
- Scented lotions, perfumes, or colognes should be avoided for 48 hours.
- Don’t allow direct heat on the skin for at least 24hrs: sunbathing, solarium, hot shower, sauna or steam room use. This can traumatize & burn new skin, as the dead skin layer has been removed with the hairs during waxing.
- Use a tea-tree based moisturizer on the waxed area – it is a natural antiseptic and will help reduce the likelihood of getting ingrown hairs & small pimples (follictilitus).
- Exfoliate with a strong mitten, cloth or glove, but only when the skin has calmed down after waxing and the new growth begins to penetrate. This could take from 4 to 7 days.
- Wear breathable underwear
- Don’t use deodorant, perfumes or alcohol-based products for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- It is recommended to
- Use sun protection lotion for the 1st day after (to avoid hyper-pigmentation)
- Based on your skin, your esthetician will recommend a post-waxing home-care regimen and products to calm and soothe your skin.
How do you clean your equipment between uses?
Glow Beauty Bar greatly respects and follows all rules and regulations imposed by FDA, OSHA and Georgia Board of Cosmetology rules on disinfection and sanitation. All of our supplies and products are 100% disposable so that each client receives fresh new application tools. We do not double dip into any of our hair removal produts.
Will I have to wear underwear for certain bikini area waxes?
It’s recommended you remove any underwear. This makes it easier for the therapist to support your skin without having to worry about anything getting in the way. You will be provided with a modesty towel. After you remove your underwear, cover the area with the towel. Then you and the therapist will discuss the shape you want to have.
The therapist will start by removing your towel and positioning your legs into place. If your pubic hair is long, it may need to be trimmed first. It is best not to attempt that yourself before the treatment, or you may cut the hair too short.
What are the benefits of maintaining a Brazilian?
It is not recommended to leave it any more than 4-6 weeks. If you leave it too long, it will hurt more due to the buildup of dead skin and over-growth of the hair. We will ask you to rebook your next appointment in advance.
Does Glow Beauty Bar do men’s Brazilian waxing?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide Brazilian waxing for men at this time.